Thursday, October 25, 2007

If You Really Knew

September 24, 2007:

Walk around in this empty world,
Lay down your armor and be still,
Life is yours to live, feel, and create.
Upon this rock your soul shall rest,
Upon the ground and at your feet I will kneel,
My head resting against your leg,
My hand gripping, holding tight
To the being that has been missing.
Apologies flow from your mouth,
Your tears hit my hands.
In this clearing in the woods,
The mountains capped with white flakes,
The cold air wraps us both,
In a blanket of bitter pain.
I look up at your eyes,
At your feet I am at the mercy of you,
My words tell you simply,
That I am, and always have been, there for you,
That my heart aches when you are away,
And my hands tremble
When I cannot simply hold you.
Your eyes smile and your lips part,
Our hands lock and your broken voice speaks,
"I've always known...."
Wiping tears and pain
From your bronze tinted cheeks,
I hope for the day that the happiness
Envelopes you and makes you smile,
The way you used to smile,
Everyday.

No comments: