I have 15 days. 15 days until I'm on the road heading north. My apartment looks like a wall of boxes and my furniture (table, bookshelves, etc.) have bubble wrap on the corners; I'm quite tempted to sit there and play. But that would defeat the purpose of having the wrap on the corners.
I only have 9 more days in this office. I'll refrain from saying much else except to note that there still is nothing in my file and I'm questiong every move made by the chess players.
There are people in my life that I'm leaving behind as I travel north. I'm going to miss them dearly but I'm happy that I'm going to a place that is better for ME. Happiness is really what you make of it - and this time, I'm making it happen for me.
And then there are people who just fade away. This I don't understand. I had a friend whom I adored and cared about. I did my best to communicate, to be understanding, etc. And then, in one second, that friend decides never to speak to me. To explain further, I really don't know what happened. One minute there was discussion of hanging out, the next there is just complete darkness. And the darkness has existed for close to 5 weeks now with no response or reason given. I guess I can't consider this person a friend any longer... but it saddens me to admit this and to think that I was closed out of someone's life for reasons unknown. I wish there was communication, but then if there was, I'm really not sure what I would say. It hurt, and it still does, as I think about them in the most random moments.... and I can't say anything about it.
So I'm holding on tight to take on the path ahead. I'm looking forward to this winter. I get to fall on my ass learning how to snowboard with Mr. Awesome. My valet guys will probably join me as well and I KNOW winter will kick ass.
Until I have more time.... ciao my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment