It slips away before I can even touch it
My fingers outstretched hoping to graze
Hoping to simply touch that which has departed so quickly.
Where the sun shone for mere seconds
The rain now falls and my fingers dampen and become cold.
Staring at the stones below
No sounds to be heard except the rain drops on the cold surface
No footsteps coming near, only footsteps departing.
My head hangs in sorrow
My heart hurts and beats deeply
I cannot move or avert my eyes upwards
I let the cold air surround me and comfort me.
My mind scatters to any thought or action that could have caused
Such failure and departure in such a short time.
I turn over thoughts, quickly searching for a clue,
Something to grip on to, something that will aid my heart in beating fully once more.
The time was so short, the happiness so bitter sweet,
I still taste him on my lips,
I still smell him in the air,
And yet, as quickly as he has arrived, he has left,
And I stand amongst the falling rain drops
Wanting only to be still
In the place that causes such heartache and chaotic catastrophe.
No comments:
Post a Comment