I guess I never got the memo.
Paper Planes fly through my head and I can't help but move my head as I sit in my office and work. DJ Buddha spins a remix of Paper Planes that it beyond wicked. The original ain't too shabby. Reminds me of being outside on a hot and sticky afternoon drinking booze. Man I miss those days. My alcoholic friends left me so I'm left to my sober ways. Why?
My witty mind has flown out the window today. I have no idea why it decided to commit suicide - maybe the dullness of my life has made it feel it no longer has a proper playground. Then again, my life just twisted momentarily into a confused little pretzel knot. So come back my wit! I need you.
My rollercoaster coasted back in. And just as I was enjoying the luxury of my pink cotton candy too. I love my cotton candy. And though I'm totally not okay with rollercoasters, I was at least able to stand next to it. This time, though, it was nice a ride for Mr. Toad, it was a pleasant complexity to my life that I truly did not mind. Maybe it's the red in my hair that is making things change and come to unfold in front of me - or maybe it's that patience pays off and second chances are what the world needs. As I have come to realize in the not so distant yesterday, I'm one who gives chances because I feel people deserve it, even the worst kind of people. I guess it boils down to the reality: you were nice once, you gave yourself at one point, why should I feel you could never do it again? Exactly. And, as I came to learn in the not so distant last month, I'm not your average chica and I think I'm ready to embrace this. Maybe. For the time being, I'm holding on to this little complexity with all my strength. But I'm covering up my strength as much as possible for I don't feel certain things deserve to see it.... or feel it. I know I'm strong and I know what I can handle - but I also feel that showing this could be a weakness. No thanks, I'll keep the upper hand. And me and Mr. Toad, sorta, and our complex, slightly euphoric and wild, satisfying ride. I think.
Vacation in 16 days people. 16 days. Short lived, yes, but well worth it. I'm in search for the perfect pair of boots today. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, in all my boasting of not being an average chica, I still love shoes. But my collection is minimal in comparison as I've come to realize I'm anal about what is in my closet. If it has not been worn in the past 4 months, it's outta here.
Lastly, tomorrow is a big day for two of my friends. The Journey Of a Lifetime leaves the U.S. tomorrow so please check it out and throw out your support if you can. Two brainiacs on a mission to see culture and the world - brilliant. And for those of us who are jealous - simply follow the blog and photos. I know for a fact that pictures and stories will pour in as much as possible - these kids do not want to disappoint, and I know they won't. So visit them and watch them as they travel those lands we all wonder about.
No comments:
Post a Comment